We want you to have the best possible experience with your standard studio wig/extensions, whether it’s for a season or a journey, so please follow these simple Do's & Don'ts carefully so that your wigs/extensions can live out their true life-span with you. Share your unboxing a new look with us. Tag us (@standard_studio.za) to be part of the standard community. #StandardHairCare
- Always brush your wig/extensions before shampooing.
- When shampooing your wig/extensions, work fingers down the hair, keeping it in the natural flowing direction.
- The day of your installation, it is essential that you shampoo your hair with silicone free shampoo and apply conditioner only on the ends of your hair. Remember to rinse your wig/extensions thoroughly to ensure a great installation.
- For best results, leave conditioner in for 3–5 minutes before rinsing and comb through your hair extensions.
- Only condition the hair from the ponytail down avoiding contact with the root area. However, you can apply conditioner generously throughout the ends.
- Always use a leave-in conditioner on the ends to keep them looking silky.
- We recommend you brush your scalp at least twice a day with your standard studio hairbrush, once in the morning and once in the evening to keep your hair extensions clean at the root area.
- Weekly treatments are recommended.
- Only use the correct standard studio products as advised. A standard studio starter kit will include standard studio shampoo, conditioner and heat protector. Using these products will maximise your result & sustain the high quality of the hair.
- Gather your hair into a loose side ponytail or braid when sleeping.
- Avoid tight up-dos or ponytails for the first few days after the hair extension application.
- When swimming always tie your hair in a ponytail or braid and apply conditioner to the hair to act as a barrier against harmful chlorine/salt water etc. Always shampoo immediately after swimming and detangle as usual.
- Swimming is not recommended if wearing tape hair extensions.
- Always cover your hair when in direct sunlight for long periods of time.
Don't do this…
- Don’t go to bed with wet hair.
- Don’t shampoo over the bath as may create problems when detangling.
- Don’t attempt to maintain or adjust your installation yourself. If you have any issues, leave it to the professionals.
- Don’t leave your standard studio wig/weave or extensions in for longer than 2 months or 6-8 weeks if your natural hair is fine. If your hair extensions are left in for longer than the recommended time some damage may occur.
- Don’t leave your hair wet for long periods of time without detangling as it may become matted.
- Don’t use any hot tools on your standard studio hair without using standard studio argan oil or heat protectant. Comb through your hair to ensure the product is evenly distributed throughout providing protection everywhere.
- Don’t allow bronzers/fake tans/sun creams or products with tint in them to make contact with your hair extensions, especially for blond hair, as you may experience slight colour change.
Don’t worry, you can:
- Swim ( although not recommended, you can swim with your wig/extensions but ensure you rinse your hair thoroughly afterwards)
- Exercise ( always wear a headband/sweat band to ensure the sweat does not go into your wig/extensions)
- Sauna (live your best life, just make sure your natural hair is completely dry as to avoid damage, moulding, itching)
- Wear your hair up and various styles.